May has been a fun filled month already, and the best is still to come! ( DISNEYLAND- 6 DAYS!!!!) We had a great Mother's Day a few weeks ago.Our gifts were both hits and I love whenever I can give awesome gifts. We got my mom a step stool for the grand kids to use at in the bathroom. I took it around to every ones house and put all ( except Livy's) hand print on it. My mom really loved it so that was great. We got Trevor's mom a digital camcorder to take with us to Disneyland. ( We also got it for birthdays and father's day gifts!) She also loved the gift so I guess we were 2 for 2!!
The rest of the week was good. Trevor started summer school, but has a much easier load this semester so we are not too worried about it. It should honestly be a good summer for the two of us.
Friday night was my friend Genae's reception so we went to that, then Amy and Phil came over to watch the Jazz STINK IT UP!! But it was fun hanging out with them. I will post pictures later, today hopefully!! We really had a great time guys!! Thanks for coming over!

Then Saturday was an emotional, tear-jerking, exhausting, informational, overwhelming, inspirational, memorable day!!!!!! It all started a few months ago. Trevor and I found that we were wasting a lot of our time. I mean we felt busy all the time, but at the same time felt we were missing something. We had been looking into volunteer stuff for Trevor and med school. We hadn't really found anything we liked, or would work. One day we were driving down in Murray for whatever reason and passed the Make-A-Wish building. I pointed it out to Trevor and we talked about what it would be like to be a part of that organization. Well we looked into it more and decided we definitely wanted to get involved. We sent in our applications and choices for positions. They have SO many different ways you can volunteer, but we finally deiced to be Wish Granters. Wish Granters are the volunteers that actually get to meet the sick kids and help them figure out what their biggest wish is. Then Trevor and I make it happen!!!!!!!! It's a long process to explain, but we are SOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be a part. Our training on Saturday was like 8 hours long and I balled my eyes out. Very seldom do I find myself filled with such a sweet spirit outside of spiritual things. BUT, I was so filled with the spirit that day, I felt so good I wanted to go hug a tree or something. We both could not stop smiling. Well I am sure you will all get to hear about the kids we will help, and their stories of illness, recovery and determination. And hopefully they will touch you as much as they have touched me!!!!
That's it from the Spencer section. Hopefully you all have a great May as well!
zia jian
Good bye until next time!
5 comments:
That is AWESOME! You guys are such a Great example! We need to get together! We were up in your ward last week. I wasn't able to see you though. Anyway, hope all is well!
So it's awesome that I have to read your blog to know what's going on!! That's way cool JoD!!
Love ya!
Jill
JoDee, you guys are so great! How cool would that be to make so many kids dreams come true! Have fun at Disneyland!!!
You guys will absolutely love MAW! My step sister Mandi Peterson is a wish granter and she absolutely loves it! I have helped her out on a couple of wishes (I got to be Belle for one little girl it was so awesome! And she had a Harry Potter castle/playhouse built for a kid, it was so cool. I got to be a Hogwarts professor for a day.) and it really is the coolest thing in the world. These kids are so amazing and they will touch your hearts in ways you can't even imagine. I very much want to become a wish granter some day but just can't do it right now. But if you ever want help please, please, please call me!
Hi! I found your blog. Sounds like a fun trip! Make sure if you decide to stop in S.F. next time to come visit Victoria and I in Tracy, CA!
Post a Comment